Industries set to meet trans fat regulations by 2013

October 22, 2012

SINGAPORE – The Health Promotion Board said that the local baking industry is on track to meet the trans fat regulations by May 2013.

In a statement to the media, the board said that over 70 per cent of local bakeries are already using ingredients which meet the trans fat requirement of 2g of trans fat per 100g.

80 per cent of retail oil and margarine products sold on shelves are labelled with trans fat content. The remaining 20 per cent should meet the requirement by the deadline next year.

Source: Your Health

Category: Community

Comments are closed.